Friday, September 12, 2008

Religulous.....Question everything !!

http://www.lionsgate.com/religulous/

OK...so this is not technically Canadian content but religion is universal...OK ? I had to post this. It opens October 3rd. Maybe this will show some people the light. Bring them back from the dark side. Tired of religious folks pushing their religion on you ? Fight back and give them a copy of this movie. Have a pile at the door for the jehovah witnesses. Send copies to your local televangelist, rabbi and imam ! Plaster it all over the internet ! atheists and Agnostics are cut down on a daily basis by religious folk as non-believers and infidels and non-semite's so me thinks this film is long overdue.....I just sit here with a smirk as I read the reviews of religious zealots cutting Maher and his 'diatribes' as the 'atheist prophet' down. Really...I was under the impression that religions were supposed to be tolerant of others ? Maybe this movie was made with people like that in mind...yuh think ? There are actually religious blog that agree with him and enjoyed the movie....with the exception of the quote at the end of the movie...'for the world to live religion must die'. At present...this could not be more true. If people require some type of 'force' to make their lives whole...maybe they should look into Buddhism....no god.....peaceful....you know....non-antagonistic. Yeah. But of course you would have some dimwits who would interpret it their own way and start with 'my buddha is better than your buddha' and not agree with the robes the other monastery guys wear and violence would ensue. Religion sucks....period. Yes...poor me for not seeing the joy and wonderment and all enveloping beauty of it all. I guess I'm kinda fixated on the extremism and lack of rights and wars started and bloody protests and daily issues caused as a result of it. Poor me......not.

No comments: