Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Excited at $1.16/litre......

As I drove down the street yesterday (a Saturday) morning I noted gas prices were at around $1.20/litre. Yes this is lower than the recent norms but 'regular-like'. As I was driving back in the afternoon I noticed prices had dropped to $1.15 on average. OK....so this is Saturday...no open markets, right ? Prices drop almost 5 cents a litre in the middle of the day..on a weekend. So my thoughts now go to Speculators ?...maybe not. Demand ? still a possibility. Supply ? still a possibility. OPEC ? still a possibility. Big Oil ?....most likely. Who else can change the price of gas on a Saturday afternoon ? Did Iran renounce terror ? Did all the terrorists take a holiday ? Is North Korea quietly removing Kim Il Dork ? Did a new refinery kick in ? Did the media not stir up any panic and fear for the last couple of days ? Hmmmmm....
No if only we could see $1.09.....that would be a good day....yes indeedy......

No comments: